SEMIT 2022 -Sep is pleased to inform you that the selected papers will be published in Special Issue by Operations Research Perspectives.
"Resilient, Sustainable and Smart Supply Chain Management in the Healthcare Industry: Application of Data Analytics and Optimization Techniques"
VSI: Healthcare Supply Chain
Supply chains have always faced different threats and disruptions. Their vulnerabilities have been exacerbated during the recent pandemic (COVID-19). In this regard, the concept of "resilience" can be so helpful for future challenges. In general, resilience can be defined based on a set of strategies to tackle the potential risk in the business environment. In today’s hyper-competitive market space, resiliency can help companies to gain a competitive advantage and increase their supply chain profits (Nayeri et al., 2021). On the other hand, smart medical devises are increasingly being deployed which need to be clearly investigated in line with the sustainable development in the medicine sector. Globalization and rapid population growth, increasing product demand, and shortage of required resources have led to increased implementation of effective strategies to improve the environmental, social, and economic performance of supply chains in the healthcare industry.
This Special Issue (SI) attempts to enable clear, fair, and quick communication of research works representing the role of AI and OR in the future challenges of resilient and sustainable supply chains for medical devices. The main emphasis is on the theoretical, methodological, or practical applications of different AI-based and optimization techniques. This SI aims to demonstrate the advantages of OR and AI techniques to improve the resiliency, sustainability and circularity of the supply chains in the smart medical devices industry.
Manuscript submissions are encouraged from a broad range of related topics, which may include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare network design for medical devices supply chains considering sustainability and resiliency
- Suppliers management for medical devices supply chains considering sustainability and resiliency
- Application of emerging technologies for improving sustainability and resiliency of medical devices supply chains
- Desiging smart medical systems using blockchain technologies
- Handling disruptions in medical devices supply chains
- Sustainable/resilient waste management for medical devices
- Data-driven analytics for improving sustainability and resiliency of medical devices supply chains
- Machine Learning (ML) tools to provide continuous improvement of medical devices supply chains
- Novel Multi-Criteria Decision-Making (MCDM) methods to address resiliency and sustainability criteria
- Novel Exact, heuristic, and meta-heuristic algorithms to deal with the problem complexity